Welcome to Our Beginning!
We would love to meet you in person and show you around our beautiful school.
Tour Our School!
You can register for a tour by phone or email. Each tour is approximately one hour where you will be given the opportunity to learn about the educational program, meet with Mentor Educators, Atelierista and Chef. The culinary team will provide sample menu items for tasting.
Call: (206) 547-1433
Admissions to Our Beginning
To join the list for admissions into Our Beginning, the admissions application must be submitted along with the $150.00 admissions application fee for each child. This fee is not refundable and does not credit towards any future tuition. It is recommended that families tour prior to completing the admissions application and submitting the fee. Applications will not be accepted without payment of the full fee.
Once your child’s application is submitted, you will receive an application confirmation within 7 days. Families are welcome to check on their child’s wait list position at any time.
If space in the desired program becomes available, the family will be notified by email and given two (2) business days to respond.
Family Gathering Meeting
Once enrolled, we schedule a Family Gathering meeting with the child’s classroom teacher(s). The Family Gathering is approximately 1 hour long. Part of the meeting is outside of the classroom with the teacher meeting your child, asking questions about your child and family to help facilitate a smooth transition to school. The remainder of time is spent inside the classroom getting a personal tour of the space, child’s cubby, classroom communication areas, etc. The family is welcome to spend as much time as they would like in the classroom.
Wait List and Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I decline a space offered for my child, do I get moved to the bottom of the list?
- Not on your first decline-at that time, we can tell you what the next opening looks to be. If you decline your 2nd offer, then you are moved to the bottom of the list
How is the wait list organized?
- Each age group has a separate wait list and is in order of the application date.
How long is the wait list?
- Each age group has varying length of wait lists. Typically, younger children have more families on the list.
Do any children receive priority enrollment?
- Yes, priority is given to siblings of currently enrolled families, then returning families. Families enrolling two or more children at the same time and space available to start at the same time will also be given priority. While these families get priority enrollment, space is not guaranteed nor is the desired start time. Classroom requests will be considered but not guaranteed.
What type of schedule is recommended in the beginning?
- Whenever possible, it is recommended that children start their first week building up to a full day of care. In ideal situations, the child would only spend a few hours at school on their first day. Then add time each day, leading up to a full day at the end of a week. It is also recommended that children drop off at the same time each day. This will help them to develop routines quickly and know what to expect each day when they arrive. Consistency is critical for children.
Swatika Durham, our Admission Director is happy to answer any further questions
about our school that you may like to discuss.
Call: (206) 547-1433