At Our Beginning, we believe the family is the incubator and gatekeeper of each child's beginning, and that parents/guardians are the child's first teachers. Children are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. There is open enrollment throughout the year. Priority enrollment is given to siblings of children already enrolled in Our Beginning and to full-time enrollments. Both currently enrolled, as well as new community families, must follow the application procedure in order to be offered a space or be placed on the waiting list.
To apply, please download and complete the application form and mail it to:
Our Beginning, 123 NW 36th Street Suite 120 Seattle, WA 98107
You can also bring the completed application with you when you tour or drop it off in person at the school after touring. Please keep of copy of your submitted application for your records.
- Take a tour of Our Beginning. Tours are offered on Tuesdays at 9:30am and Thursdays at 3:30pm. Tours can be scheduled by calling (206) 547-1433 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the admissions application; a non-refundable application fee of one-hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) must accompany the application.
- Once your completed application and registration fee has been received, a confirmation e-mail will be sent out with more information regarding enrollment dates and the next steps in Our Beginning's admissions process.
- If Our Beginning's program is full, a waiting list will used to keep track of families who would like to enroll once a space becomes available.
- In order to be placed on the waiting list a family must complete the admissions application and pay the one-hundred and fifty dollar ($150.00) registration fee. If a space in the desired program becomes available, the family will be notified by phone and given three (3) business days to respond.
- If the family does not respond or chooses not to enroll at that time, the space will be offered to the next family on the waiting list and that family will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list.
- Our Beginning accepts all children, regardless of race, national origin, their parents' marital status, religion, sex or physical abilities. Our Beginning supports cultural balance in programming and seeks diversity in children, staff and families. We invite families to join us in celebrating every child's culture.
- Children are not required to undergo any testing to be enrolled at Our Beginning.